Definitions and Interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Mili Mendez Cakes via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
GDPR the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Mili Mendez Cakes, we or us Mili Mendez Cakes of Toadrow Farm, Toad Row, Suffolk, NR34 7LG;
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Mili Mendez Cakes and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Mili Mendez Cakes and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.milimendez.com, and anysub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms andconditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data ProtectionLaws, Mili Mendez Cakes is the "data controller". This means that Mili Mendez Cakes determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which,your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includespersonal Data, from you: name; contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers; demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; IP address (automatically collected); web browser type and version (automatically collected); operating system (automatically collected); a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); in each case, in accordance with this PrivacyPolicy.
How We Collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data That is Given to Us by You
7. Mili Mendez Cakes will collect your Data in anumber of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail orthrough any other means; in each case, in accordance with this PrivacyPolicy.
Data That is Received From Publicly Available ThirdParties Sources
8. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
a. Instagram (Facebook)
Data That is Collected Automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, wewill collect your Data automatically, for example: we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our Use of Data
10. 11. 12. 13. Any or all of the above Data may be required by usfrom time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service andexperience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for thefollowing reasons: a. improvement of our products / services; b. transmission by email of marketing materialsthat may be of interest to you; c. contact for market research purposes which maybe done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used tocustomise or update the Website; in each case, in accordance with this PrivacyPolicy. We may use your Data for the above purposes if wedeem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are notsatisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (seethe section headed "Your rights" below). For the delivery of direct marketing to you viae-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in: soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below. We may use your Data to show you Mili Mendez Cakesadverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use yourdata to show you Mili Mendez Cakes adverts and other content on other websites,please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed"Cookies" below).
Who We Share Data With
14. We may share your Data with the followinggroups of people for the following reasons: a. our employees, agents and/orprofessional advisors - demographic information; in each case, in accordance with this PrivacyPolicy.
Keeping Data Secure
15. We will use technical and organisationalmeasures to safeguard your Data, for example:
16. 17. a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you. b. we store your Data on secure servers. Technical and organisational measures includemeasures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse orloss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately bycontacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com. If you want detailed information from Get SafeOnline on how to protect your information and your computers and devicesagainst fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, pleasevisit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government andleading businesses.
20. You have the following rights in relation to yourData:
Right to access
- the right to request
(i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct
- the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights setout above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (whereconsent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaintyou make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to referyour complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can befound on their website at https://ico.org.uk/ .
It is important that the Data we hold about you isaccurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during theperiod for which we hold it.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring yourprivacy is protected.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
By using the Website, you agree to our placement of a functionality cookie.
Targeting cookies These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in yourinternet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but thiscan be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internetbrowser. You can switch off Cookies at any time, however, you may lose anyinformation that enables you to access the Website more quickly andefficiently. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time;however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Websitemore quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisationsettings. It is recommended that you ensure that yourinternet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidanceprovided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure aboutadjusting your privacy settings. For more information generally on cookies,including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will alsofind details on how to delete cookies from your computer.